- Sep 11, 2020 - Sep 13, 2020
4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
All Systems are GO! (Kinda….)
With everyone’s health and safety in mind, we are trying everything we can to ensure you get to celebrate Penticton Dragon Boat Festival’s 20th year. We are in the business of “Health and Safety”, so we’ve got lots of ideas to keep everyone safe while still providing some great racing.
We also understand that there is a chance that social distancing measures may prevent us from going ahead.
Here is what we are doing:
• We will continue to follow recommendations and guidelines set out by the Province of BC, Health Canada and the City of Penticton.
• Closer to the date we will work with all levels of government to ensure we put on an event that follows recommended safety measures.
• We will stay in regular contact with you as new developments are announced.
• We will take registrations online and offer FULL REFUNDS up until August 28 if the event is cancelled due to Covid-19 restrictions.
• Regular cancellation policy is in effect for all other cancellations other than Covid-19.
September 11, 12 and 13, 2020. Welcome to the Penticton Dragon Boat Festival. Our festival, held over two days on the second weekend in September, is entering its 20th year. The racing happens on 11 km long Skaha Lake in beautiful, sunny, Penticton, British Columbia, Canada. The event also features a beverage garden, a wide range of vendors, lots of great food and over 2,500 athletes.
The event consists of two 500 m qualifying heats on Saturday, followed by semis Sunday morning, and finals Sunday afternoon.
The event features a beverage garden with proceeds going to Survivorship – The South Okanagan’s Breast Cancer Survivor Dragon Boat Team, plus plenty of food vendors, entertainment, and a marketplace. Plus the best festival site in BC — a sandy beach and a race that’s visible for the entire 500 m course — and a large grassy area under the trees for team tents.
Race Fees & Deadlines
- Deadline: July 31, 2020
- Fees: $1032.38+Tax
- Deadline: August 28, 2020
- Fees: $1236.19+Tax
Late Registration: Subject to available space. Contact us to be placed on our waiting list.
*Junior Teams: Half price
Venue: Penticton Paddling Centre